Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Dr. Robert John Williams









I had to delete and re-upload this post for technical, search engine reasons...

(June 13th) Dad and I just got back from a great trip to Irvine. The first day Dad took a deposition in LA while I played cars with Harry. I'm always "Sister car" (A red, white and blue emergency vehicle) and Harry is always "Brother car" (A cool race car with fire painted on the tops and sides). Every time I come to visit, Harry gives me the same car and, of course, he is always the same cool racecar. I could easily pick those two cars out of the hundreds of cars in their car box. This sort of identity happens only after hours of playing with the same cars.
The next day we surprised Miles at school and made our long promised trip to "Lego Land". We didn't dare talk about it till we were well on our way as all of our other attempts have been foiled. Harry felt a little sick but not enough to back out. I made one critical error. I didn’t consider my audience. We should have started on the kiddy side first as this is what they enjoyed the most. Unfortunately the park closed early (5:00 p.m.) because it wasn’t summer season yet. (6 more days). I felt bad because the kids were just starting to enjoy themselves. Harry did get a chance to drive a Lego car all by himself. He was very serious about it and never took his eyes off the road. On his third time around, with out looking up, he yelled out, “I’m winning!” That was the best part of Lego land for me. We told Miles and Harry they could choose a toy and it was a bit stressful for Miles. To many choices I guess. Miles asked if he could call Isaac and ask him which toy he bought last summer at Lego Land. Decisions! Decisions!
On Saturday, June 7th we went to John’s graduation and saw him be “hooded”. The Lady announcing who each graduate would be “hooded” by, kept slipping up and saying “beheaded ” Miles asked me what beheaded means and, unfortunately, I told him the unvarnished truth. He seemed a bit shocked so I quickly added that nobody does that anymore. Dad and I are very proud of John. What a great accomplishment. Congratulations Dr. Williams!!!

No comments: