Wednesday, February 6, 2008

How I Miss Gordon B. Hinckely


How I will Miss Gordon B. Hinckley
I never personally met President Hinckley, he didn’t know who I was, yet I loved him. I felt such a loss at the death of this great and wise soul. What a tremendous influence he has had on me and on the entire world. He was as meek as a lamb and as wise as a fox. He knew full well of the evil in the world and warned of such, yet he was always filled with optimism and hope.
As I thought about his far-reaching influence, I began to understand how Christ’s spirit can influence all mankind. We don’t have to see Christ or meet Him personally to love Him and be influenced by Him. If we seek him he said,
“I will impart unto you of my spirit, which will enlighten your mind, which shall fill your soul with joy.” — D&C 11:13
All we had to do to be influenced by President Hinckley was to believe that he was a prophet and listen to him. The same is true with the Savior. If we believe in HIm and listen to Him, we will have his influence and spirit to be with us.

No comments: